Digitilt AT Inclinometer System
- Can the AT System be used side by side with the classic Digitilt system?
- Can I freely interchange Classic and AT probes?
- Are AT cables different from classic cables?
- What is the advantage of measuring cable marks from the top wheels?
- What is the advantage of the cable gate?
- What is the technical reason for measuring cable marks from the top wheels of the probe?
Classic Inclinometer System
- Does a jump in checksums indicate a problem with my probe? Our probe has shown consistent checksums in the range of -35 to -40 for the A-axis with a standard deviation of less than 2.0 for more than two years. Recently we have noticed a jump in the checks
- My A-axis readings consistently show checksums of 20 or slightly larger. Is there a problem with my probe? My B-axis readings show smaller checksums.
- How accurate is my inclinometer system?
- How do you store control cable? Should I buy a cable reel?
- The wheels of my probe are worn out. Can I replace them myself?
- What kind of inclinometer test stand will help me monitor the health of my probe?
DigiPro2 Inclinometer Software
- Can I send a copy of DigiPro2 to a colleague outside of the United States?
- What is DigiPro2?
- Why did you replace the original DigiPro for Windows?
- What happens to my inclinometer data when I switch to DigiPro2 ?
- How do I import my old DMM / DigiPro1 data?
- Can DigiPro2 retrieve surveys from the DataMate?
- Do you have any instructions for installing horizontal casing? I'm planning to embed the casing in a foundation slab.
- How does inclinometer casing behave in soft soil? Does it deform sufficiently to detect the shear zone or does its stiffness simply distribute the movement?
- In the winter, water in my inclinometer casing tends to freeze, and I can't obtain a survey. What can I do about this?
- Should I used large, medium, or small diameter casing?
- Is a bentonite grout, such as Volclay, suitable for backfilling around inclinometer casing?
- Why does casing tend to float in grout?
- I’ve read about piezometers in fully grouted boreholes. Can you tell me more about that?
- What grout mix do you suggest for standpipe piezometers?
- How do I saturate piezometer filters?
- What’s the difference between high-air and low-air entry filters?
- Your manual used to contain instructions on saturating a high-air entry filter. How is this done?
- Push-In Piezometers – Will filters get clogged over time?
IPIs and GeoFlex
- We have had a problem with inclinometers shearing off. Does GeoFlex allow for more movement before becoming unusable?
- Is the presentation of data different for GeoFlex versus IPIs? Can they all go to the same logger?
- IPIs can have different length gauge tubes. Why should I use GeoFlex instead of a short IPI?
- Are there any benefits to installing in 2.75” inclinometer casing over 1.5” PVC for GeoFlex?
- Can the GeoFlex or IPIs be removed so that a traversing inclinometer probe can be run down the inclinometer and then the GeoFlex or IPIs placed again in casing? If so, how difficult is this?
- Can the GeoFlex be removed at the end of a project and used on a different project? For example, one with a different number and length of inclinometers.
ATLAS Web Monitoring
- Should I set up the nodes first or the Gateway first?
- Do I need to have the Gateway connected to the internet when I set it up?
- You mentioned connecting to the Gateway with a PC. Can I use the GTecLink Android app to commission the Gateway?
- If I am connecting the Gateway to my local network, are there ports that need to be open for outside communication?
- How do I set up the GTecLink nodes? What do I need?
Campbell Scientific Dataloggers
DGSI Data Loggers
- I have an older Quattro Logger. I can’t communicate with it since I upgraded to a new version of Windows.
- After I changed batteries, my Quattro Logger stopped recording. What’s wrong?
- How do I update the firmware for my V-Logger?
- What kind of battery does the V-Logger use, and how do I replace it?
- My MiniLogger has a radio lid. How can I change the channel it uses?
- The MiniLogger Manager program does not display a choice of temperature sensor (RTD or thermistor) as indicated in the manual What’s wrong?
- My VW Data Recorder is showing temperatures between 120 and 125 °C. What’s wrong?
- My VW Data Recorder stops responding after 10 or 15 minutes. What’s happening?
- I accidentally recorded readings in microstrain rather than in hz. How can I convert the microstrain reading to Hz?
- Do you have some short instructions for using the 256 Pneumatic Indicator?
- The supply pressure doesn’t stay constant in my 256 Indicator. Is something wrong with my indicator?
- I lost the manual for my Meriam Smart Manometer, which is the digital gauge used in the 256 Indicator. Do you have a replacement manual?
Water Level Indicators
- What grout should we use with the magnet extensometer? Should the grout be weaker, stronger or the same strength as the surrounding ground ?
- What happens to the legs of the spider magnet over time? Does the spring force weaken, does the metal rust, and what is the effect on measurements?
- In terms of radius of curvature, how much deformation/bending of the access tube can be accommodated before problems will be encountered with the readings?
DMM / DigiPro for Windows
- Why did you replace DMM?
- I have a survey listed under the wrong site and installation name. How can I move it to the correct site and installation.
- I have several projects. I want to have a few inclinometer installations from each project listed in my DataMate. I also want the DataMate to have have one previous survey for each installation. How do I set this up?
- I want to delete an installation (or two) from the DataMate, but not everything in memory. How can I do that?
- I can’t transfer data from the DataMate to the PC. When I drag the surveys, everything looks right, but when I check the database, the data isn’t there. What’s going on?
- We’ll be adding lengths of casing to our inclinometer. How do we handle this in DMM?